Select Page

Business studies


Head of faculty – Mr parker jparker@nationalce-ac.org.uk

KS4

GCSE Business (WJEC)

The GCSE in business studies aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills so that they can analyse business situations from the perspective of many stakeholders and make well informed business decisions using qualitative and quantitative data. They develop an understanding of enterprise and their business acumen. Students embarking on a GCSE will study the following topics: business structures, human resources, external influences, production, marketing and finance. The course assessed by means of a controlled assessment, which accounts for 25 per cent of the qualification and an examination, sat at the end of Year 11, which is worth the remaining 75 percent.