The National Academy has a long tradition of outstanding pastoral care and it is undoubtedly a strength of the school. This was confirmed during the 2014 Ofsted Inspection.
- People and learning relationships should be placed at the heart of education at The National Academy.
- Every child should receive a high level of individual care and attention that will help them reach their true potential.
- Every child should have a strong sense of belonging and identity.
- Every child should not feel ‘lost’ in such a big school.
- Every student should be nurtured to help them fulfil their God given potential and to help them experience ‘Life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10)
Advice and counselling
This is available at The National Academy from a variety of sources:
- Counselling service – school counsellor
- School Chaplaincy – Rev Louise Nicolls
- School Nursing service
- Peer Mentors
- House Achievement Leaders- student welfare
- Careers advice and guidance- Mrs Pam Fairhall