OFSTED 2014/15 says...
‘The sixth form is good. Students make good progress and the majority go on to university. Sixth formers play a full part in the life of the school, supporting younger students and running the school council. The number of leavers not in employment, education or training is extremely low’
The National Sixth Form is large enough to offer a wide variety and combination of courses, and small enough to allow all our students to be known as individuals. Our A2 pass rate for 2016 was 100%, with 55% of all A2 grades (and equivalents) being A*-B.
September 2016 has seen the Hucknall Sixth Form Centre opened in collaboration with Holgate Academy. This allows students greater independence and vastly improved facilities whilst still providing the same high standards of teaching and pastoral care we delivered previously.
As an 11-18 school, we are well placed to support students through the difficult transition from GCSE to A level, ensure continuity of support, and prepare them for life after school, whether that be via a vocational route, or towards further and higher education.
As a Christian school, we aim to create a friendly, supportive, hard working, and high achieving community, with development of the whole person at its heart. In short, a good place to be.
If you would like to know more about our post 16 provision, please get in touch using the contact form, or telephone 0115 9681657.
Post 16 team
- Mrs. Kelly Wall – Assistant Principal – Post 16, Ethos and Community
- Mrs. Carol Hartley – Post 16 Administrator.
- Mrs. Lisa Shaw – Personal Tutor and Faculty Leader (Maths)
- Mr. Kev Barnett – Personal Tutor and Literacy co-ordinator (English)
- Mr. James Parker – Personal Tutor and Head of Faculty (ICT)
- Mr. Neil James – Personal Tutor, (Economic)
- Mr. Shaun Veasey – Personal Tutor and Head of Faculty (English)
- Mr. Alex Hawkins – Personal Tutor and Assistant Principal (Science)
- Dr. Kirsteen Bardell – Personal Tutor (Hums)