We support our students individually through the university application process. Students are encouraged to start looking for courses that interest them throughout Year 12, ready to start their applications in the Pentecost Term. Our UCAS programme includes:
- Springboard Day at Nottingham University – All Year 12 students attend a day at Nottingham University learning how to write an effective personal statement, exploring the UCAS system, speaking to current undergraduates and having a tour of the campus.
- UCAS Convention – All Year 12 students have the opportunity to attend the UCAS Convention at Sheffield where they can talk to universities about courses that interest them.
- Personal Statement writing sessions with personal tutors.
- Contact sessions delivered by Nottingham University and Nottingham Trent University on topics such as writing an effective personal statement, interviews, university accommodation, students finance and making the most of open days.
- Support in applying for university programmes during Year 12 such as Ambition Nottingham, Nottingham University Summer School, Sutton Trust Summer Schools, Pathways to Law and SOAMS.
- A visit to Oxford University for students considering applying to Oxbridge.
- Support with MOOCS – https://www.futurelearn.com/
What is a Russell Group University?
The Russell Group represents 24 leading UK universities which are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector. For more information visit http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/